Like most people, you may prefer to think about funerals only when you must go to one.
Thinking about death may not be easy, but one of the most thoughtful things you can do for your loved ones is to plan ahead for your own funeral. Just as you are there for your loved ones in life, you can also be there for them in death. Planning your funeral is an important gift only you can give. It is a final act of love for those you care about most.
A funeral service, like a wedding or birth of a child, is a life cycle event that you have only one chance to make as special and personal as possible. A well-planned funeral service is an appropriate commemoration to honor a life well lived.
The five most important reasons for planning your own funeral include:
- Family and loved ones – your funeral plan provides relief to your loved ones. Without it, they are left to make complicated decisions at the most challenging time in their lives. Planning ahead allows you to include family in your decisions for your funeral if you choose.
- Financial savings – your funeral plan reduces emotional overspending that can occur when loved ones are experiencing grief. A pre-paid plan allows you to freeze funeral service costs at today’s prices, and protects your family from the rising costs of funeral services and products.
- Future planning – your funeral plan is transferrable if you move or change providers later.
- Personal control – planning your funeral allows you to choose and design a service to reflect your unique personality, so your loved ones can remember you as you wish.
- Peace of mind – your funeral plan ensures that your wishes are documented and will be carried out upon your death.
No one knows what the future holds. But we do know one thing – none of us are promised tomorrow. The future may be uncertain, but we can make an immeasurable difference in the lives of our loved ones today – by planning ahead like there’s no tomorrow.